We wanted to share some important news with our families –
please share with your friends!
Join SCB teachers and students (ages 4 up*) for our August session:
August 3 – 29 at $99 for unlimited access to all classes! This is a great time to try a new class and keep working on technique while having some fun.
NEW for August!
- FRENCH LESSONS with former professional ballet dancer Meredith Hudson, coming to us from Lyon, France via Zoom. Meredith is recognized as a Master Class teacher in Ballet, and now Pilates Mat. Parisian fame came to her when she became the Dance coach for French TV’s “Etoile Academie” – the French equivalent to “America’s Got Talent”. Join in for an International ZOOM* with Meredith and learn the language of ballet – French! Sessions will be 20 -30 minutes.
- VARIATIONS CLASS is now added to Laura Feig Otto’s Tuesday Ballet class. After the barre enjoy your center work by learning a variation from one of the classic ballets or a phrase of choreography from Laura’s Broadway repertoire. Laura has a wealth of knowledge in the Classic Ballet repertoire, and she performed on Broadway in “An American in Paris” and “Carousel”.
- STUDENT SPOTLIGHT will feature short pre-recorded at home interviews with SCB students. Here is how it works:
- We send out an email looking for volunteers.
- We give you four questions to answer.
- Film yourself. Suggested length is 1-5 minutes.
- Submit the cut to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We post it!
- Our SCB Community is strengthened with your help!
- MEET the TEACHERS is a short questionnaire that the teachers will respond to as they interview each other. You may learn something you did not know about your teacher!
- iDance is a volunteer choreography submission program. It is not listed on the schedule because it is voluntary. We dance for different reasons and we have our own style, so be you, dance to music you like in a creative way, classical way, far out kind of funky way and share your finished product with the online studio. This is a great opportunity to explore dance as a means of expression free from judgment. You share your iDance film with us if you want to and we will post them throughout the week. Take the leap!
- Private / Semi Private instruction is now available at the SCB Studios for $65 / student for a 45 minute session, limit 2 per session. To request instruction, please email Becky Tibbatts at email@example.com to schedule.
*We will not be able to offer classes for WEe Move or Creative Movement for a fee. Please access our current classes on the Facebook SCB Families Page for these free classes! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
As many of you know, it is a difficult time and we are working hard to keep our beloved SCB teachers on board and maintain our programming so we are financially able to reopen our doors when NYS allows it. As a non-profit, we rely solely on tuition and donations to keep our programs running. We need your support. We are able to provide your dancers (and you!) with these classes as a way to help stay active while we are at home.
We have included an FAQ below to address some questions and concerns. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with additional questions.
Please share with family and friends – this program is open to all. We appreciate your patience and support – and look forward to seeing our students online!
Frequently Asked Questions:
If I am already a registered SCB student, or if I signed up for the June / July session, do I need to re-register?
Yes. If you already have an account and access to the Parent Portal, please enter the Parent Portal and sign up for August Session Online Classes Unlimited. If not, please click on the registration link to sign up for the Online Class option. There is an online waiver form that needs to be completed as well. This will allow you to take all classes and we will send you a link to the private Facebook page for participation.
How do I pay the fee?
Fees will be charged at the time of registration via credit card entered in the Parent Portal.
What happens if I have a tuition credit?
If you paid in full for the 2019-2020 year and have a balance, please email Traci Jersen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on your account.
Will there be a Nutcracker in 2020?
We are currently planning on holding our 27th Annual Nutcracker in December if we are allowed by NYS. Stay tuned for more information!
We look forward to seeing you!